Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: RFC: Proposed relocation of /var/lib/rpm
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:43:56 +0200
Op maandag 9 oktober 2017 16:38:50 CEST schreef Anton Aylward:
On 05/10/17 03:47 AM, Richard Brown wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far

The vast majority of feedback seems to not object to the idea of
moving the rpmdb out of /var, but there is obviously a fair bit of
concern that /usr/share is not the correct place for it

We don't want to 'double book' /usr/lib/rpm which is already in use by
rpm, but I can definitely see the logic of having it in /usr/lib

Therefore my proposal now is that we'll use /usr/lib/rpmdb as the new
location for the rpmdb location, and I'm changing my patchset
accordingly.

Thanks

Thank YOU!

I've stayed out of this discussion for assumed lack of knowledge, but after a
lot of reading /usr/lib/rpmdb seems perfect.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member
openSUSE Forums Team