Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: SUSE Studio Express questions
On 2017-09-25 20:33, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:46:32 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Yes, Studio has some really great stuff - and now it's time to take
features like collaboration, additional architectures etc from OBS and
merge these,

I really like what I'm seeing so far, but am wondering if there's a
roadmap for feature parity (where appropriate) somewhere? Things like
building ISO images and hard disk images are things I look for with
Studio today, but I don't see that kind of functionality in express.

Those are available using templates, anybody should be able to provide
templates for these and contribute them if they are interested in
speeding this up.

Similarly, I can (and do) build appliances for versions of SLES that
Express doesn't seem to support (yet) - anything earlier than SLES12SP3
(I currently build and use images for SLES11 - all SPs, and SLES12). I
recognize that's SLE and not openSUSE, but the lines do blur a bit with
the service as it stands today.

We can add SLES 11 SP4 - but since older SLE 12 release are mainly out
of support (exception is SP2), those are not available.

Thanks for the work on this - it's refreshing to see the appliance-
building infrastructure getting some attention. Users have been
wondering for several months what options they'll have for building these
kinds of images for Leap 42.3.

Andreas
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)