Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Proposed relocation of /var/lib/rpm
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 07:18:04 +0200
On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 17:19 Dave Plater wrote:
You need to start a new thread for the last and most important part of
your message.
My personal opinion is /usr/lib/rpm /usr/share is overpopulated with
directories.

That's really weak argument, I must say.

As I'm not one of those who believe that all old standards are dead and
0pointer.de is the word of God, let's check what FHS says:

/usr/share: Architecture-independent data

So the question we should ask is: is the format of RPM database
architecture independent? If it is, /usr/share is fine, if not, I would
adwise strongly against it and prefer /usr/lib.

Michal Kubeček