Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox under TW
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 23:08:49 +0800
On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 15:29:49 +08 Frans de Boer wrote:
Dear all,

I notice the last few days that firefox has developed an appetite for
memory. Starting FF with one page uses between 650-750 MB, with three
pages It is using already 1.7+GB!! Yesterday I had around 5-6 pages with
a memory consumption of 3.5 GB!!

This is of course ridiculous and starts me thinking of using another,
more modest, browser.

So, what is going on?

Regards,
Frans.

I have replaced Firefox in the repos with Firefox Nightly. The speed
improvement is absurdly good. You may want to give it a shot if you can find
replacement for your essential extensions.