Re: [opensuse-factory] Request to Whitelist Packages
  • From: Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 13:39:08 +0200
On 4 October 2017 at 13:32, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/03/2017 08:37 PM, Jason Record wrote:
All,

I would like to white list some packages that I need to submit to
openSUSE:Factory as part of the "first policy". These packages need to
be in SLES15. They are already included in SLE12 SP*. They are:

sca-appliance-agent
sca-appliance-broker
sca-appliance-common
sca-appliance-patdev

sca-patterns-base
sca-patterns-hae
sca-patterns-oes
sca-patterns-sle11
sca-patterns-sle12
sca-patterns-suma

sca-server-report

supportutils

I think you misunderstood the policy. We don't need things in
openSUSE:Factory that have 0 relevance in openSUSE. These sound
a lot like SUSE specific meta packages.

Greetings, Stephan

I believe they are needed by supportutils

And there are certainly some people who would like supportconfig in openSUSE

https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2017-08/msg01134.html

Not only some of our users and bug triagers, but I'd like it to reduce
the manual diff I currently have to carry in Kubic to compensate for
the lack of supportutils compared to SUSE's CaaS Platform.

So, while you're right, we dont want to carry stuff with zero
relevance to openSUSE, in this case, there is relevance.

Regards,

Richard