Re: [opensuse-factory] Multiple options for desktop on Login
Oh wow, so I've been running wayland all this time without even knowing it?

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Marco Calistri <mcalistri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il 02/10/2017 06:42, Michael Aquilina ha scritto:
Hi there,

I noticed there are multiple desktop choices when logging in with
Tumbleweed (Gnome).

I have: * Gnome * Gnome * Gnome on Xorg * IceWM

I am aware what IceWM is, But what about the three other Gnome's?

I cant seem to find any indication of what this is online

I've seen the same on my TW, it looks now the "brains" have decided to
remove important details as:

* Gnome (default)
* Gnome (classic)
* Gnome on Xorg (old Gnome based on Xorg X11)

Which helped the less skilled user to select the favorite DE at login.

I've googled about last point and found the following:

Gnome on Xorg is the good, old but aging X11 display server. Here s the
differences:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wayland

----- OT START -----
Again would like to ask if others TW users need to repeat the
logoff/shutdown action on their Desktops since nobody has replied so far.

--
TThheerree''ss aann EEcchhoo iinn hheerree.

--
Michael Aquilina