Re: [opensuse-factory] android-tools and way forward

On 02/10/17 00:10, Tomas Chvatal wrote:
Hello all,

With our preparations to migrate to openssl-1.1.0 we are in dire need
of updated version of android-tools [0] as they won't compile with the
new openssl (and new revisions of course will need boringssl).

As it is obvious from the specfile the upstream does not make it really
easy to produce the required binaries. I checked other distros and
Fedora has a workable package [1] but even that seem to need quite
tweaking with each update.

I am wondering what would be the best solution to go forward, and maybe
simply we ough to give up on it and just ship the binaries from Google
[2], because honestly using 2 years old adb and fastboot is not a win
either?

Suggestions?

Tom

[0] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/hardware/android-tools
[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/android-tools/tree/master
[2] https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-linu
x.zip

When I was doing android development I always installed the version from
google one of the reasons was so everyone on our team. So when I did a
small amount of android stuff a little while back I did the same again,
installing it to /opt isn't a hard process and as of 5 minutes ago it
still seems to work fine.

So while its ideal to have everything just there in a distro if no one
has the time to make it work the sky probably won't fall in on anyones
head if its not there.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30