Re: [opensuse-factory] My TW desktop got broken after a recent update
01.10.2017 20:10, Bill пишет:
From an update that was pushed to me inside of Gnome, my desktop got
broken.

Try "zypper dup" as the first step. For all I can tell, GNOME Software
Manager is doing equivalent of "zypper up" which is known to sometimes
leave Tumbleweed in inconsistent state.

When booting into Gnome I get a black screen with only two icons
on it, one works and brings up dolphin. I found some postings from
people using other distributions and I am fiddling around with what they
where doing, but no joy so far. After reading the latest on this list, I
am going to wait for the next snapshot hoping that will fix the problem.
Until then I'm on the web learning what makes up a Linux desktop and how
I may trouble shoot it. Luckily I can write this email in Thunderbird
after logging in via a display manager that is still working into the
bare bones Plasma desktop that TW kept on the system. I am running a
fairly old ATI HD video card. I like reading this list, keep it all coming.