Re: [opensuse-factory] TW and ksysguard
Am Samstag, 30. September 2017, 09:29:42 CEST schrieb Frans de Boer:
On 29-09-17 16:51, Michael Andreas Buchberger wrote:
Am Freitag, 29. September 2017, 16:11:27 CEST schrieb Frans de Boer:
LS,

The past two-three weeks or so, ksysguard is losing a setting and
displays the wrong cpu speeds.

The clock speed is now always at his highest, while the ondemand
governor is selected. Before, it ranged between 800 and 3600 MHz. Btw:
the indicator is now 3615 MHz, which is the speed set in the BIOS. Thus,
finally an accurate speed is displayed, but no change in clock speed
displayed.
The cpupower util does display correctly the various clock speeds.

Second, the setting for vcore min is lost after terminating ksysguard.
The setting for Vcore max is preserved.

Regards,
Frans de Boer.

Hi,
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-4.13-Power-Manag
ement:

- x86 systems will no longer try to export their current CPU frequency to
/
proc/cpuinfo. There's also a way to rework how the CPU frequency is
exported via sysfs too, using the registers for computing the current
frequency rather than relying upon the CPUFreq driver.

see also:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1707.0/01366.html

Regards
mab

Ok, I have read and understand the thought behind it.
I don't like it, but is seems a fact now. So, using this in ksysguard
has no use anymore.

Thanks anyhow,
Frans.

4.13 is a very recent kernel. I expect that the developers will adapt
ksysguard to these changes. But we will need some patience, or revert to
kernel 4.12.