Re: [opensuse-factory] Kmail and SMime (Was: Need to click twice on shutdown to power-off TW)
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 07:08:32 +0200
In data sabato 30 settembre 2017 00:41:04 CEST, Tom Hardy ha scritto:
On Friday, 29 September 2017 14:05:00 CDT Marco Calistri wrote:
P.S. S/MIME testing

Upon opening your message in Kmail, I got a popup asking if I trusted some
certificate authority. Of course I said no.

I could presume the popup was opened by Kmail in response to your signature,
but if that is the case, it would be nice if Kmail said so.

Does anyone see a problem here? The avarage user would see a stranger
wandering around on their desktop. What should I do?
He did an
"P.S. S/MIME testing" (as he quoted at the end of message)
When an S/MIME message arrives, you may or may not want to trust the issuing
authority (which is one of the weaknesses of s/mime vs gpg, you need to trust
an authority. But then, it is a very well known way to encrypt in business. In
this case it was commodo. Do you use kleopatra? It may be the programm that
issued the demand. And no, I do not think it is something strange, the average
user should be able to understand the value of such a question. Maybe a better
definition of which programm opens this would be better.