Re: [opensuse-factory] Can I remove locks in TW
A clean Tumbleweed install does not have any locks and usually upgrades
just fine. The problems start when you have packages or repos that do
not come from the (nicely integrated+tested) main Tumbleweed repos.

I usually do
zypper dup --no-recommends --no-allow-vendor-change --force-resolution

You should properly review the proposed changes - especially the list of
to-be-removed packages and the list of vendor-changes.

Thanks for the information. I removed all locks, disabled external repostiories (e.g. packman) and dup at the moment. --force-resolution was not known.

As resolution I changed vendor several times from packman to openSUSE. I left 32bit hdf5 lib. Interestingly "openSUSE Tumbleweed" anbd openSUSE-release got locked again automatically.

The following 3 items are locked and will not be changed by any action:
Installed:
libhdf5-100-32bit "openSUSE Tumbleweed" openSUSE-release

Now I have some conflicts like

File /usr/share/qt5/translations/qscintilla_pt_br.qm
from install of
libqscintilla2_qt5-13-2.10-2.3.x86_64 (openSUSE:Tumbleweed)
conflicts with file from package
libqscintilla2-qt5-12-2.9.3-1.3.x86_64 (@System)

I always wondered about the difference from openSUSE:Tumbleweed and @System?!

Thanks :)