Re: [opensuse-factory] SUSE Studio Express questions
On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 13:58 +0300, opensuse.lietuviu.kalba wrote:
2017.09.22 21:12, S. rašė:
Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we
will
first add a new image building GUI to OBS. This combined
solution
will now be delivered as “SUSE Studio Express”.

Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just
see
a landing page with links to the OBS image templates and some
instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or visual way of putting
together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi" section. Is
the
full GUI still forthcoming?

And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM
repos added to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/`
scheme
address. So that means no adding external repos such as Packman?
(As a
matter of fact, it looks like none of my repos from the SuseStudio
import work, even the openSUSE OSS ones, since they use an `http://
`
URL scheme.)

Not able to build with external repositories is the main
disadvantage
for me also, and forces me use Kiwi in local computer only.

Within OBS I even can not find way to build Tumbleweed images,
because
http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/ is outside OBS...
Maybe
you know working equivalent of latest tested Tumbleweed snapshot repo
in
OBS?

openSUSE:Tumbleweed/standard is the Tumbleweed repo on OBS (it's
aliased to openSUSE:Factory/snapshot)

Cheers
Dominique
< Previous Next >