[opensuse-factory] Re: SUSE Studio Express questions
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 18:33:13 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 06:46:32 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Yes, Studio has some really great stuff - and now it's time to take
features like collaboration, additional architectures etc from OBS and
merge these,

I really like what I'm seeing so far, but am wondering if there's a
roadmap for feature parity (where appropriate) somewhere? Things like
building ISO images and hard disk images are things I look for with
Studio today, but I don't see that kind of functionality in express.

Similarly, I can (and do) build appliances for versions of SLES that
Express doesn't seem to support (yet) - anything earlier than SLES12SP3
(I currently build and use images for SLES11 - all SPs, and SLES12). I
recognize that's SLE and not openSUSE, but the lines do blur a bit with
the service as it stands today.

Thanks for the work on this - it's refreshing to see the appliance-
building infrastructure getting some attention. Users have been
wondering for several months what options they'll have for building these
kinds of images for Leap 42.3.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson