[opensuse-factory] SUSE Studio Express questions
Congrats to the team on getting this integration rolling. Quick question:

Since OBS already builds images for various environments, we will first add a
new image building GUI to OBS. This combined solution will now be delivered as
“SUSE Studio Express”.

Currently when I go to https://studioexpress.opensuse.org/ I just see a landing page with
links to the OBS image templates and some instructions. But I don't see a new GUI or
visual way of putting together a custom image, except for the "Edit Kiwi"
section. Is the full GUI still forthcoming?

And what about external repositories? It appears that non-OBS RPM repos added
to Studio Express fail unless they have the `obs:/` scheme address. So that
means no adding external repos such as Packman? (As a matter of fact, it looks
like none of my repos from the SuseStudio import work, even the openSUSE OSS
ones, since they use an `http://` URL scheme.)

Also, with the "KIWI Image Templates for openSUSE Leap 42.3", which would I use
for a live ISO image that can run on physical hardware? All the current templates seem to
be only for virtualization systems.

other features are not on the roadmap like test drive

I'll sure miss this one. As the developer of GeckoLinux with no less than
seventeen (17) different ISO editions, the test drive was the single biggest
time saver that allowed me to test configurations. It even had a fascinating
feature where you could see what files were getting changed during the test
drive session, complete with diffs of the changes, and then you could hand pick
which modified files to overlay in the final ISO. I learned so much about how
and where the different desktop environments save their settings thanks to this
feature.

I've learned to really appreciate SuseStudio despite all of its quirks and
intricacies. I hope that the OBS / Studio Express feature set can be eventually
improved to gradually come close to parity. SuseStudio, you will be missed! :-)