Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshots being delayed
On Thu, Sep 21, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Most TW users probably do not care about about this at all..it should sufice
they ensure there is no "compat" glibc module configured on their systems'
/etc/nsswitch.conf, replacing "compat" for "files".

All TW users, which installation is older than about one year, will
suffer from this and neither user names nor groups are resolveable,
if they don't manual adjust /etc/nsswitch.conf. So I would say, that
most TW users will care.

But this problem is only the tip of the iceberg. It is a generic bug
in the update stack, which we only found by accident when debugging
the problem, why the update does not work in this case. I don't want
to know what else got broken or can get broken due to this.

Thorsten