Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshots being delayed
On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 12:07 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 19-09-2017 a las 8:23, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar escribió:

The reason for the delay are the changes in the glibc package,
where
libnss_nis and libnss_compat have been split out into external
packages. Those packages in turn are now linked against an IPv6-
supporting RPC implementation (TI-RPC instead of Sun-RPC).

Most TW users probably do not care about about this at all..it
should
sufice they ensure there is no "compat" glibc module configured on
their
systems' /etc/nsswitch.conf, replacing "compat" for "files".

Sure - but

a) most is not good enough; NIS also 'breaks' with it. And there ARE
users out there.
b) asking 100k users to manually check their configuration is not what
we are striving for
c) New users migrating to TW might not even have read the info here yet
before they attempt, fail and abandon TW again right away

The fixes are shaping up and as far as I know and we can hopefully
resume releasing TW soon again.

Cheers
Dominique