Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170913: Boottime
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:48:41 +0100
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-09-15 17:51, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

Hmm, I just upgraded to this.
It takes approx twice as long to get to the login screen than usually -
especially starting X seemed to take ages.

That's a Lenovo T460p (Intel HD530).

Anyone else seen similar slowdowns?

Only very distinctly. I am having a case (on 42.2) where the X desktop
stays black for a longer-than-usual time. Logging in to tty1 and running
`ps xaf` shows that (e.g.) xfce programs _are_ running, and
~/.xsession-errors shows they are falling over their feet with a number
of Gtk errors. Check?

I'm running plasma/kde, but no autologin, so .xsession-errors doesn't apply
there.

No real differences from comparing journal either. Weird.

Maybe I'm just too impatiently waiting for weekend?