Re: [opensuse-factory] Gnome 3.26 upgrade not working (blank login screen)
  • From: Michael Aquilina <michaelaquilina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:16:51 +0100
Did you happen to save the journal at least before reverting?
I thought logs were kept on a partition which is not rolled back?

how did you to the upgrade? Tell me you did use 'zypper dup' please -
it's the only valid way

Ah, I feel silly now. I didnt realise this was actually the case. Will
try this out and see how it goes. I'll try get details from the
journal if it fails again too. Is there any particular data that I
should be looking for?

On a slightly separate discussion, is there any way to prevent users
from running 'zypper up' rather than 'zypper up' for cases like these?
I feel like this is an easy to mistake to make if you are unaware or
new to the distro.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar