[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rethinking packaging vagrant: Build for multiple ruby versions (almost) like a normal rubygem
  • From: Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:43:38 +0300
Hi Johannes,

Thanks a lot for looking into this, I know vagrant packaging can be
quite a pain :-)

I took a quick look at the changes and overall they look good to me.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had some issues getting the plugin installation to work, and found
some things that I (as a not-ruby-expert) thought might be because of
this 2.1-vs-2.2 thing. But how to solve this issue for Leap 42.2,
which only has ruby2.1?

Did you actually get to try installing plugins?

Yesterday (I hope) I got the builds working:

home:ojkastl_buildservice:Vagrant

Basically, you can install vagrant in the flavour for the ruby version
of your choice, which let's you install it with ruby2.4 on TW and
ruby2.2 on Leap. Or ruby2.3 or ruby2.5.

All dependencies that I found so far have been put into that project
and have being modified, where needed, to also build for more than one
ruby version. In my tests this worked, but then again one change
somewhere and everything falls apart... ;-)

Should we rather branch off precise versions of the rubygem plugins
required by vagrant? It would make it much more resilient against
updates.

Thanks,

Robert

--