Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:50:20 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Carlos E. R.
On 2017-09-13 08:46, Per Jessen wrote:
Arjen de Korte wrote:

It would be great if it was possible to override the geolocation
somehow. Mirrorbrain locates me in the US, so upgrades to my NL
system take a transatlantic roundtrip, while much faster mirrors
are available in DE.

The country code for your mailserver's IPv4-range quite clearly says
NL, and looking it up here (on our local geoip database), also says
NL.

However, looking your IPv6 address, it belongs to Hurricane
Electric, in the US.

Maybe we just need a new feature to tell mirror brain the actual or
preferred location for the request.

I would be happy to be able to tell it about mirrors that are not
working properly. With the thought that it would not use them until
something says otherwise.

Maybe start by reporting those mirrors to admin@o.o - mirrorbrain does
keep an eye on all the mirrors, disabling mirrors that are stale.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.9°C)