Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
Den 2017-09-13 kl. 08:46, skrev Per Jessen:
Arjen de Korte wrote:

It would be great if it was possible to override the geolocation
somehow. Mirrorbrain locates me in the US, so upgrades to my NL system
take a transatlantic roundtrip, while much faster mirrors are
available in DE.
The country code for your mailserver's IPv4-range quite clearly says NL,
and looking it up here (on our local geoip database), also says NL.

However, looking your IPv6 address, it belongs to Hurricane Electric, in
the US.

This is exactly why GeoIP is just above useless. The company I work for
have about 1 million IP addresses (/12). Maxminds dabase is incorrect
for us in about 15-20% of the cases (depending how Maxmind woke that
morning). And that's just for country. For city it's useless for real.
If you try to get Maxmind to change it's database your up for a
roll-a-coaster ride.

--
/bengan