Re: [opensuse-factory] Questionable mirrors
* Arjen de Korte <suse+factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-12-17 14:43]:
Citeren Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

El 12-09-2017 a las 8:18, Roger Oberholtzer escribió:
I am always fighting with mirrors. I supect it is because I am in
Sweden and I get sent to bad local mirrors.

I have pretty much the same problem when getting packages in Chile.. for
some ill-advised reason mirrorbrain thinks it should go to brazillian
mirrors to get content.. this is most of the time slow and unreliable
..something that is completely expected and unsurprising.
I understand mirrorbrain is not a person and does not get internet
geopolitics or economics, it should ignore that mirror and go first to the
US based mirrors then to the EU. kernel.org is a good bet. ISPs buy
bandwidth to places where people get content from, not because the
proximity of a country.;)

It would be great if it was possible to override the geolocation somehow.
Mirrorbrain locates me in the US, so upgrades to my NL system take a
transatlantic roundtrip, while much faster mirrors are available in DE.

then manually choose the mirror(s) you prefer in the order you prefer, ie:
baseurl=http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/linux/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://distro.ibiblio.org/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://suse.mobile-central.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/
http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/opensuse/tumbleweed/repo/non-oss/