[opensuse-factory] Re: kmail hangs with 100% CPU
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:26:32 +0200
Martin Herkt writes:
On 2017 M09 11, Mon 19:52:50 CEST Achim Gratz wrote:
Martin Herkt writes:
I’ve since switched to the PostgreSQL backend, which seems to work
perfectly with no issues (plus it’s faster).

So how do I do that? Is there some tutorial or step-by-step someplace?

There used to be a configuration thing for Akonadi in systemsettings which
allowed you to change the storage backend, but that seems to be gone now :(

Basically make sure libQt5Sql5-postgresql and postgresql-server are
installed,
and change Driver=QMYSQL to Driver=QPSQL in ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.

Then restart Akonadi (akonadictl restart). Should work.

Oh OK. Based on some descriptions from Debian I was under the
impression I'd need some akonadi-*-postgresql package for this to work.

There’s an SQLite backend for Akonadi as well (requires a separate package),
but I don’t know how mature it is. Last time I tried that, it was quite slow
and unreliable, but that was years ago and things might have changed.

I don't want to read too much into those forum discussions, but if what
I read is close enough to the truth the expected performance would not
be great.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: