Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: kmail hangs with 100% CPU
  • From: Martin Herkt <lachs0r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 23:44:51 +0200
On 2017 M09 11, Mon 19:52:50 CEST Achim Gratz wrote:
Martin Herkt writes:
I’ve since switched to the PostgreSQL backend, which seems to work
perfectly with no issues (plus it’s faster).

So how do I do that? Is there some tutorial or step-by-step someplace?

There used to be a configuration thing for Akonadi in systemsettings which
allowed you to change the storage backend, but that seems to be gone now :(

Basically make sure libQt5Sql5-postgresql and postgresql-server are installed,
and change Driver=QMYSQL to Driver=QPSQL in ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc.

Then restart Akonadi (akonadictl restart). Should work.

There’s an SQLite backend for Akonadi as well (requires a separate package),
but I don’t know how mature it is. Last time I tried that, it was quite slow
and unreliable, but that was years ago and things might have changed.
< Previous Next >