Re: [opensuse-factory] New package clustershell
On vendredi, 8 septembre 2017 19.31:21 h CEST Stephane Thiell wrote:
Hi,

Please consider my incoming submitrequest of package clustershell to
Factory.

I’m in the development team of ClusterShell and I already build RPM packages
for other distros.

ClusterShell consists in a Python library and cli tools to ease and improve
cluster and server farms system administration. More info at
http://clustershell.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ .

In our case, ClusterShell is a building block of our HPC stack at the
Stanford Research Computing Center, used on server farms just as well as on
large HPC clusters. The project is now 10-year old, was originally
initiated at the CEA, France where it is used there on even larger clusters
(several thousands of nodes). Its strength is the handling of
multi-dimensional node sets and also node groups, with the ability to bind
with external sources to define node groups. ClusterShell optionally uses a
tree mode command propagation scheme (over ssh, mrsh, etc.) to execute
administrative commands in a scalable way. The project has recently
regained in development activity and interest from users but also HPC
vendors, especially with Python 3 support in the next release.

This is why I would like to maintain this package in Factory, devel feeder
project would be network:cluster, where a request is currently pending. Let
me know if you have any question.

Thanks much!

Stephane Thiell

Thanks Stephane for the introduction, and the effort.

I wonder why you didn't go for devel:languages:python repository if this is
«just» a Python framework ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch