[opensuse-factory] New package clustershell
Hi,

Please consider my incoming submitrequest of package clustershell to Factory.

I’m in the development team of ClusterShell and I already build RPM packages
for other distros.

ClusterShell consists in a Python library and cli tools to ease and improve
cluster and server farms system administration. More info at
http://clustershell.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ .

In our case, ClusterShell is a building block of our HPC stack at the Stanford
Research Computing Center, used on server farms just as well as on large HPC
clusters. The project is now 10-year old, was originally initiated at the CEA,
France where it is used there on even larger clusters (several thousands of
nodes). Its strength is the handling of multi-dimensional node sets and also
node groups, with the ability to bind with external sources to define node
groups. ClusterShell optionally uses a tree mode command propagation scheme
(over ssh, mrsh, etc.) to execute administrative commands in a scalable way.
The project has recently regained in development activity and interest from
users but also HPC vendors, especially with Python 3 support in the next
release.

This is why I would like to maintain this package in Factory, devel feeder
project would be network:cluster, where a request is currently pending. Let me
know if you have any question.

Thanks much!

Stephane Thiell