Re: [opensuse-factory] download repos down - witch is the best alt. mirrior..??
Mathias Homann [08.09.2017 12:44]:

Am 08.09.2017 um 11:46 schrieb Werner Flamme:
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink [08.09.2017 11:37]:
Op vrijdag 8 september 2017 11:32:07 CEST schreef Verwijs:
With download repo's down, witch is the best alternative mirrior(s) ??

Thanks
André
The best alternative mirror currently is the one called patience :-)
Seriously: things should be back to normal within the next 24 hours. I'd
rather be patient for a day then updating from mirrors ( which may not have
been updated at all due to the download.o.o. outage.

At least the (german) mirrors I looked at have the home:* repos
synchronized last in March or April. This year ;)

0.o

ah well, at least this year.

seriously, april this year?

name and shame please. If these mirrors can't (or won't) refresh
regularly they should not be mirroring that stuff.

I remember looking at ftp.gwdg.de and
ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/opensuse/repositories/.

- The latter doesn't even have any of the home:* repos.

- on the GWDG host my own home:werfl has the old repo structure I
changed in August.
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/werfl/> contains the
current version.

Those are quite big mirrors, so I hardly believed my eyes. There were
several others I looked at, but I don't remember them.

Werner