Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 09:54:35PM +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
04.09.2017 20:01, Roman Bysh пишет:
We have opensuse-prime which was ported from Ubuntu.
You just have to search for the package.

it is not found by s.o.o.

It's actually suse-prime

Thanks. Sounds interesting! I had a quick look at

home:Knurpht:Extras / suse-prime

Not sure, whether the other ones found in obs

package home:adra / suse-prime
package home:bosim:suse-prime / suse-prime
package home:bosim:suse-prime / suse-prime-alt
project home:bosim:suse-prime

are more current or better maintained.

I'm afraid scripts need to be adjusted for libglvnd usage in TW. glx Xserver
module still needs to be the appropriate one, but selecting the appropriate
user libs (libGL, etc.) is now obviously handled differently, i.e. no longer
by a ld.so.conf snippet /etc/ld.so.conf.d/nvidia-gfxG0*.

Also we switched from "intel" to "modesetting" driver for all GPUs > GEN3.

I haven't tried the package/scripts yet, since I currently have no Optimus
hardware available for testing.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany