Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
понеділок, 4 вересня 2017 р. 06:35:09 EEST Andrei Borzenkov написано:
It appears that these two providers are not linked (associated providers
0). Are you sure "xrandr --setprovideroutputsource" was executed? Did
you test running it manually? Usual recommendation is to follow it with
"xrandr --auto" to reconfigure.

I've tried to run them manually, associated providers are set to 1 for both
providers but got error after `xrandr --auto`:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 140 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 7 (RRSetScreenSize)
Serial number of failed request: 31

Will examine that problem lately. Setting Virtual size in subsection doesn't
change anything (except note in Xorg.0.log).

As a wild guess - modesetting driver defaults to DRI3; I presume
nVidia supports DRI2 (I may be wrong here). I could not find how to
force modesetting to use DRI2; but you could try Intel driver whether
it works, it can also be forced to use DRI2 with Option "DRI" "2".