Re: [opensuse-factory] Maintainer wanted for rzsz and wvdial
On 09/04/2017 11:32 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Doesn't need to be so vintage - a USB GSM modem will typically appear as
a serial port to be operated with the AT comand set (plus extensions).
We're using one those for sending alert SMS'es. Not with wvdial
though.

I had that, but it was 2 and 3 phones back. My current and previous
phones both support tethering over USB or WiFi, which make it no
different than plugging into my home network. My current notebook
computer doesn't even have a serial port of dial up modem. The previous
one came with a built in modem, but I lost that when I upgraded the WiFi
from 802.11b to 802.11g. The modem was part of the same module as the
old WiFi. The only time I need a serial port these days is when I
connect to the console port on routers and switches.