Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 23:55:13 +0300
субота, 2 вересня 2017 р. 15:58:04 EEST Mykola Krachkovsky написано:
Hi, is there any hints to install it on "optimus" laptop? I'm aware that
switching between GPU's would not work, I want to try pure nvidia on
parallel installation (for tests and Vulkan).

So I've tried to follow Arch wiki recommendation for using NVidia (only) on
optimus laptops [1]. After that there is no tty switching but tty7 (where X is
supposed to be) is completely black, no backlight. Switching to tty1-6 works
fine. Everything works except X. Logs says "(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to
initialize the GLX module" [2]. Google didn't help much, maybe something left
after bumblebee?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA_Optimus
[2] http://susepaste.org/5512040

--