Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
  • From: Mykola Krachkovsky <w01dnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 15:58:04 +0300
вівторок, 15 серпня 2017 р. 15:18:04 EEST Stefan Dirsch написано:
Since today there are updated NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a/another try by adding the repository
manually via

zypper ar https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed
nvidia-tumbleweed

Hi, is there any hints to install it on "optimus" laptop? I'm aware that
switching between GPU's would not work, I want to try pure nvidia on parallel
installation (for tests and Vulkan).

I've removed bumblebee, bbswitch, bumblebee-nvidia packages. Restarted and
installed packages from nvidia repository. There was still Intel driver used.
I've run nvidia-xconfig (which looks kinda buggy), and got strange /etc/X11/
xorg.conf [1]. Tried to boot with it anyway but X hadn't started and got fast
switching from one to other tty. It's almost unable to login while that.
Restarted without X, renamed xorg.conf and added manually to xorg.conf.d only
essential parts [2]. But after restart got the very same behaviour — fast
switching between tty's.

Is that something of bumblebee left or something other is wrong?
There is no any /usr/lib*/libGL.so.1.2* files.

Intel i7 6700HQ
NVidia GTX970M

openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64
boot options: acpi_osi=! "acpi_osi=Windows 2009"
SDDM
KDE Plasma 5

[1] http://susepaste.org/38919395
[2] http://susepaste.org/42224432