Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages from OBS repositories
On 2017-09-01 16:58, Axel Braun wrote:

Am 1. September 2017 14:34:29 MESZ schrieb "Carlos E. R."
On 2017-09-01 13:48, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-09-01 13:35, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pátek 1. září 2017 13:28:08 CEST, Jan Engelhardt napsal(a):
On Friday 2017-09-01 10:39, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Recently on Leap 42.3 release party in Prague, some SUSE developers
were
wondering which packages do people need from OBS. I don't know how far
this idea goes, but some people would prefer as many packages as
possible
directly in Factory

No news here. People have always wanted that. And the response always
was: submit to Factory. And then people suddenly fall silent.

IMHO package maintainer/owner should do that. I don't feel to submit
someone's else package to Factory...

Well, contact the maintainer, and find an agreement. If they don't
care about Factory, it is still your turn.

No, as a user, it is never my turn.

What? You can't be serious. Would you accept this when someone would tell
you
it's never your turn? Come on. Get real.

No, it is never my turn to package software in factory if I don't have
that skill. You can not ask me to do that. You can ask me other things.

Fine.
But if I want desperately package xyz in Factory then I need to talk to
someone or try it by myself.
Packaging is not rocket science. Even i learned it....a bit

Of course! :-)

However, it the package exists already in OBS (which is the case in the
OP), I will not attempt the effort. Lacking the skill, I would do it
very badly.

That is what I meant: I'm a user, not a package or maintainer. Please
don't ask me (or us users) to become one. Then they jump at me. Oh, please!

If it doesn't exist at all, then I may ask the favour, or build it
locally for myself. Without OBS, of course.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.