Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages from OBS repositories
On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 19:31 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Of course, I agree absolutely.

But on the other hand, you can not also demand users to do the
packaging
themselves. It doesn't work that way, either.

Well, I see a small difference:
*YOU* don't take care of packaging / finding packagers for the stuff
you want
*I* don't miss the package you wish to have present

Who of us two is now in the need to take action? Naturally, the one
that has his needs not yet met, right?

Really, the concept is simple: if you expect something to be done, you
have to do it (yourself or by motivating somebody to step up to do it)
- I am not DEMANDING any packages to be done (the ones I care for and I
need, I package myself or get packaged by somebody else).

See the small, yet subtle difference? nobody is demanding from a user
to package stuff - but nobody can expect things to magically appear
without anybody doing the work. So, what I'm trying to do it motivate
you / guide you / empower you to get the things in openSUSE the way you
wish them to be.

If you as a user want to 'lean back and demand your wishes be
fullfilled' - you will need to hire people to do the work (can be
hiring people explicitly for you or via supported offerings, where you
in the end, again, delegate the work to somebody else, possibly in
exchange for money). That's the way the world spins, my friend.

Cheers,
Dominique