Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages from OBS repositories
On 2017-09-01 16:27, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
On 2017-09-01 13:48, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-09-01 13:35, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pátek 1. září 2017 13:28:08 CEST, Jan Engelhardt napsal(a):
On Friday 2017-09-01 10:39, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Recently on Leap 42.3 release party in Prague, some SUSE developers
were
wondering which packages do people need from OBS. I don't know how
far
this
idea goes, but some people would prefer as many packages as possible
directly in Factory

No news here. People have always wanted that. And the response always
was: submit to Factory. And then people suddenly fall silent.

IMHO package maintainer/owner should do that. I don't feel to submit
someone's else package to Factory...

Well, contact the maintainer, and find an agreement. If they don't
care about Factory, it is still your turn.

No, as a user, it is never my turn.

What? You can't be serious. Would you accept this when someone would tell
you it's never your turn? Come on. Get real.

No, it is never my turn to package software in factory if I don't have
that skill. You can not ask me to do that. You can ask me other things.

Yes, f.e. ask you to ask someone who has the skills, and provide her/him with
all the info you've got, offer to help testing etc etc. Doing such is a thing
is as much a valued contribution as the packaging itself. Please, get this
"devs/packagers vs. users" kind of statements, they do not fit the way our
community works. And leave out the "Ivory Tower" remarks.

Please, it goes both directions.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.