Aw: Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed installation topics with Snapshots 2018082x
  • From: ub22@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 18:26:47 +0200
Hi,

excuse my late answer.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. August 2017 um 07:36 Uhr; Von: "Roger Oberholtzer"

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Neil Rickert <nrickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2. Boot with EFI security works fine, but it starts as default in
installation mode - from my point of view, it is better to wait
unlimited - due to a longer installation, the reboot back in
installation first step without any remark also confused me
and I don't know if the installation was well done

I think the default behavior has changed. IIRC, the install image, if
booted from, always defaulted to booting from the hard disk. This made
sense. At least to me.

OK, that's fine for me.

The change to defaulting to doing an install does lead to confusion:
did the previous install fail and it wants to try again? Or? In what
situation when, after doing an install and rebooting, would one want
to repeat the install?

Excuse my unclear description (English is not my preferred language).

There are two scenarios:

1. The installation was well finished:
The device reboots after the timer reach 0 and boots again the
Installation device (if you was during this time away of the
computer - you only see normally the Language selection page
from Installation disk).

2. The installation fails and cause in a reboot:
The PC boots again the Installation device (if you was during
this time away of the computer - you only see normally the
Language selection page from Installation disk).

So independent if the installation was well done or there was an
error, the final state is still the same. No chance to detect
the installation error. especially if the boot from new installed
system boots.

--
ub22