Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages from OBS repositories

Am 1. September 2017 14:34:29 MESZ schrieb "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 2017-09-01 14:27, Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
On 2017-09-01 13:48, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2017-09-01 13:35, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pátek 1. září 2017 13:28:08 CEST, Jan Engelhardt napsal(a):
On Friday 2017-09-01 10:39, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Recently on Leap 42.3 release party in Prague, some SUSE
developers
were
wondering which packages do people need from OBS. I don't know
how far
this
idea goes, but some people would prefer as many packages as
possible
directly in Factory

No news here. People have always wanted that. And the response
always
was: submit to Factory. And then people suddenly fall silent.

IMHO package maintainer/owner should do that. I don't feel to
submit
someone's else package to Factory...

Well, contact the maintainer, and find an agreement. If they don't
care about Factory, it is still your turn.

No, as a user, it is never my turn.

What? You can't be serious. Would you accept this when someone would
tell you
it's never your turn? Come on. Get real.

No, it is never my turn to package software in factory if I don't have
that skill. You can not ask me to do that. You can ask me other things.

Fine.
But if I want desperately package xyz in Factory then I need to talk to someone
or try it by myself.
Packaging is not rocket science. Even i learned it....a bit

Schöne Grüße
Axel
--
Written from cell phone - excuses for typos