Re: [opensuse-factory] Packages from OBS repositories
On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 14:22 +0200, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pátek 1. září 2017 14:04:02 CEST, Richard Brown napsal(a):
On 1 September 2017 at 13:59, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@telefonica
.net>

wrote:
On 2017-09-01 13:48, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Well, contact the maintainer, and find an agreement. If they
don't
care about Factory, it is still your turn.

No, as a user, it is never my turn.

If that is your attitude, then I would also think that it is never
your turn to talk on this mailinglist

But clearly, as you're posting on this mailinglist, you think
you're
entitled to engage in this discussion, and I welcome that.

With that same spirit I welcome, encourage, and strongly suggest
you
to contribute in the way Jan suggests.

As I'm not contributing by packaging (by some other ways I do), I do
bit
hesitate to require more work from packagers by submitting dozens,
may be
hundreds of their packages from their OBS project to Factory...
Also,
requirements to software packages in openFATE are not super-popular,
I'd say,
if I can... (OK, bit long time ago I submitted several requests,
nothing
happened, I haven't used it recently.)
Hi

Actually if you just politely ask for package, and its doable, you
might be surprised that people will help you/create package/get package
to distribution. One of first packages that I got to TW is screenfetch
and reason why I did this was either reddit or g+ discussion about
packages that people are missing most often in TW (I myself actually
never used screenfetch before).

On the other hand, demanding behaviour as often shown by some frequent
contributor to this ml is indeed very discouraging.

Cheers

Martin