Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Lightworks requires libcrypto.so.10 file for Leap 42.3
On 29/08/17 07:02 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Tuesday 2017-08-29 23:06, Roman Bysh wrote:

>>> Installing Lightworks 14 prompts for libcrypto.so.10 in order
>>> for it to install.
[libcrypto.so.10 is a Fedora file]

<https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=21&id=107893&Itemid=81#140022>

> I created a symlink using the command "ln -s /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10"
> before installing Lightworks. I then forced the installation of Lightworks 14
> and it started up right away without any errors.

That's a bit of a gamble. You presume that Fedora's libcrypto.so.10 has the
same ABI as openSUSE's libcrypto.so.1.0.0, which could backfire at any time,
because neither openSUSE nor Fedora give any such guarantee. At worst, you will
have silent data corruption without even about knowing it.

The symlink for 42.3 and Lightworks 14 works. However, it does not work on
Tumbleweed.
I just downloaded a Fedora rpm that provides libcrypto.so.10.

--
Cheers!

Roman