[opensuse-factory] Announcement: New package in openSUSE:Factory: matrix-synapse - Synapse: Matrix reference homeserver http://matrix.org
I would like to announce a new package in openSUSE:Factory
called "matrix-synapse" including all necessary runtime dependencies.

Quoting the README on the github project
https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse

"Matrix is an ambitious new ecosystem for open federated Instant Messaging and
VoIP".

I consider the project https://matrix.org a promising candidate to bridge some
gaps between the walled gardens of instant messaging networks. Probably not
all of them but maybe some. And one of the most advanced already existing
bridges is the IRC one which I personally consider most important. Even more,
the reference service offered on matrix.org bridges whole freenode which in
combination with riot.im gives me a very good mobile IRC experience. Having
the reference server implementation in openSUSE:Factory can make the setup of
your own server one step easier.

The corresponding development project for matrix-synapse and the current place
of a client "matrix-synapse-angular-client" is
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/network:messaging:matrix

Have fun,
Oliver