Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:19:29AM -0500, Malcolm wrote:
Known issues/limitations:

https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed nvidia-tumbleweed is a
non-browsable directory, so please don't tell me it doesn't exist after
pasting it into your favorite web-browser. ;-)

Packages are only available for the latest long lived branch (currently
384.59). Reason is, that with TW we switched to libglvnd, which is not
supported by the legacy driver series 340.xx and 304.xx.

<snip>

Hi
Just a couple of observations, the directory can be browsed via;
https://http.download.nvidia.com/opensuse/ ;)

This is news to me. Maybe they changed their webserver setup recently.

Secondly, I have patched the 340.102 driver since I have a legacy card
(8800 GT) working fine (again as far as I can tell) with Tumbleweed and
the 4.12.8 kernel. Is there a potential impact using this unsupported
legacy card and libglvnd?

Well, I would be interested having a look at your patch.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany