Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 05:07:32PM +0200, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On lundi, 28 août 2017 11.04:07 h CEST Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On lundi, 28 août 2017 10.42:51 h CEST Stefan Dirsch wrote:
On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 04:01:31PM +0200, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
Since today there are updated NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a/another try by adding the
repository
manually via

There was a package update to 384.69.

Ouch!

Don't install it if you're using KDE. It causes segfaults in
kscreenlocker_greet (the process that spawns and asks for your password
when your session is locked).

Can you do me a favor and test, whether this also happens with the manual
installation of the driver via NVIDIA's .run file? Uninstall the NVIDIA
RPMs before. If the result is the same also try the previous driver
version 384.59.

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/384.59/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-384.5
9. run
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/384.59/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64
-> 384.59.run

So we know, whether we see a driver regression unrelated to package
changes
here.

Also read https://bugs.kde.org/384005

Thanks!

Stefan

Also there's request at nvidia for informations too

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1023193/linux/384-69-broke-kde-scre
en-locker-possibly-other-qt-based-software-on-linux/

Now strangely, I dup to today snapshot, and kscreen-locker has work two times?

And I can't reproduce this problem with 384.69 RPMs either. :-(

Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany