Re: [opensuse-factory] Howto check installed packages with Rkhunter?
  • From: Martin Herkt <lachs0r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:11:19 +0200
On 2017 M08 27, Sun 23:29:46 CEST Bjoern Voigt wrote:
I use Rkhunter to check the installed packages for unallowed modifications.

FWIW, RPM has this feature built in. Just use 'rpm -Va'. This verifies not
only the size, digest, permissions, type, owner and group of each file, but
also package signatures, and executes verfication scripts if a package has
one.

Shouldn’t this be good enough? I mean, anyone who could tamper with your
package database or rpm itself would also have the power to do that with
rkhunter.