Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: what happened to glibc's xlocale.h
  • From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 12:35:25 +0200
Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 25 2017, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll answer my own question, xlocale.h has been removed in glibc-26 and I
suspect can be replaced by locale.h, am I correct?

xlocale.h has been obsolete for nearly 10 years, since POSIX.1-2008.

xlocale.h has never been in POSIX, so it is not obsolete but something beyond
POSIX.

POSIX.1-2008 however added the majority (but not all) of the interfaces from
Apple's xlocale.h to locale.h. It is expected that the next POSIX version that
will start it's development in 2018 may add the rest of the *_l() functions
from Apple to locale.h as well.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin