Re: [opensuse-factory] *Updated* NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for Tumbleweed ...
On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 04:01:31PM +0200, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
Since today there are updated NVIDIA gfx driver RPMs available for
Tumbleweed. Feel free to give them a/another try by adding the repository
manually via

There was a package update to 384.69.

Ouch!

Don't install it if you're using KDE. It causes segfaults in
kscreenlocker_greet (the process that spawns and asks for your password when
your session is locked).

Can you do me a favor and test, whether this also happens with the manual
installation of the driver via NVIDIA's .run file? Uninstall the NVIDIA RPMs
before. If the result is the same also try the previous driver version 384.59.

http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/384.59/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-384.59.run
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/384.59/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.59.run

So we know, whether we see a driver regression unrelated to package changes
here.

Also read https://bugs.kde.org/384005

Thanks!

Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany