Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: what happened to glibc's xlocale.h
Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 2017-08-25 12:04, Dave Plater wrote:
I'll answer my own question, xlocale.h has been removed in glibc-26 and I
suspect can be replaced by locale.h, am I correct?

Ideally, there should be a configure-time check for xlocale.h
and then you would do

#ifdef HAVE_XLOCALE_H
# include <xlocale.h>
#endif

xlocale.h is from Apple and most of the stuff inside is (thanks to POSIX) now
in locale.h.

You need xlocale.h (on a POSIX system) only if you need *_l() functions that
are not yet in POSIX and if that POSIX system did not put them into locale.h in
case they exist at all.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin