Re: [opensuse-factory] Move to OpenSSL 1.1
On Thu, 2017-08-24 at 13:49 +0200, Vitezslav Cizek wrote:
Hi,
We plan to switch Factory to OpenSSL 1.1.0.
OpenSSL 1.1 is a new version which brings a lot of new functionality
such as support for ChaCha20 and Poly1305 and the TLS 1.3 protocol.

This new branch is however incompatible with the 1.0.x series,
For more details, see https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.1.
0_Changes

There's a staging project built against OpenSSL 1.1:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:SSL1
1
There's currently about 30 build failures.

Keep in mind that this is the initial variant based on ring1 and ring2
packages only; there is a high chance that many more in
openSUSE:Factory will fail, once we link them into the Staging too.

Cheers,
Dominique