Re: [opensuse-factory] Which package recommends a certain other package?
Vojtěch Zeisek [22.08.2017 08:58]:
Dne úterý 22. srpna 2017 8:54:36 CEST, Werner Flamme napsal(a):
Manfred Hollstein [22.08.2017 08:50]:
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017, 08:42:28 +0200, Werner Flamme wrote:
[..]
What could I use instead of the unknown "rpm -q --whatrecommends
libreoffice" (rpm: --whatrecommends: unknown option)?

zypper se -s --recommends libreoffice

should do what you want.

Ah, yes, thank you!

In the resulting list, I only have to look for the "i" in the first column.

zypper se -si ...? # 'i' to list only installed packages

Hm, strange things happen ;)

===snip===
# zypper inr
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following 8 NEW packages are going to be installed:
gstreamer-plugins-bad-lang lifecycle-data-openSUSE
obs-service-format_spec_file obs-service-obs_scm-common
obs-service-recompress obs-service-set_version
obs-service-source_validator obs-service-tar_scm

8 new packages to install.
===pins===

===snip===
# zypper se -s --recommends lifecycle-data-openSUSE
Reading installed packages...
No matching items found.
===pins===

*scratch head*

The package will be pulled in as a recommended package, but nothing
recommends it? Not even uninstalled packages? I don't understand the
mechanism...

Werner