[opensuse-factory] Which package recommends a certain other package?
Hi,

the subject is not very clear, I guess, but I miss the right words to
say it in short...

When doing "zypper inr", zypper tries to install the recommended
packages that are not yet installed.

In my case, I get

===snip===
# zypper inr
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following 20 NEW packages are going to be installed:
gstreamer-plugins-bad-lang libreoffice libreoffice-branding-upstream
libreoffice-icon-theme-breeze libreoffice-icon-theme-galaxy
libreoffice-icon-theme-hicontrast libreoffice-icon-theme-oxygen
libreoffice-icon-theme-sifr libreoffice-l10n-en libreoffice-mailmerge
libreoffice-math libreoffice-pyuno libreoffice-share-linker
lifecycle-data-openSUSE obs-service-format_spec_file
obs-service-obs_scm-common obs-service-recompress
obs-service-set_version obs-service-source_validator obs-service-tar_scm

20 new packages to install.
===pins===

While it's generally a good idea to recommend the installation of
LibreOffice, I want to avoid it here, since the version 5.3 deployed by
openSUSE does not work for me. I already installed the packages from
libreoffice.org:

===snip===
libreoffice5.3-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-base-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-calc-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-de-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-dict-de-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-dict-en-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-dict-es-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-dict-fr-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-draw-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-en-US-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-freedesktop-menus-5.3.5-2.noarch
libreoffice5.3-impress-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-math-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-ure-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
libreoffice5.3-writer-5.3.5.2-2.x86_64
===pins===

Now I want to know which package recommends the installation of those
various libreoffice packages. How would I do that?

* I know "rpm -q --requires" and "rpm -q --whatrequires", but those
packages are no requirements.
* There is a "rpm -q --recommands", but this works in the wrong
direction ;).

What could I use instead of the unknown "rpm -q --whatrecommends
libreoffice" (rpm: --whatrecommends: unknown option)?

A "rpm -qa --recommends" generates a lot of output, but applying a "grep
libreoffice" to it is quite senseless :-\

Also, YaST doesn't offer this feature, I can ask only for "Provides" and
"Requires" here.

Only when I go to package "patterns-openSUSE-office", I see that this
package requires libreoffice (also via "rpm -q --recommends
patterns-openSUSE-office"). But this was an easy guess, how can I
proceed in cases that are not so obvious?

Regards,
Werner