Re: [opensuse-factory] latest yast libyui packages from Tumbleweed repo broke yast!
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 17. August 2017, 18:37:43 CEST schrieb Rainer Klier:
today i installed/updated the following package from Tumbleweed repo

yast2-ycp-ui-bindings-3.2.0-1.4

this automatically triggered the installation of:
libyui8-3.3.3-1.1
libyui-ncurses8-2.48.4-1.1

after this, some time later today i tried to start yast again.
but it crashed with the following error-message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'YUIPluginException'
what(): Couldn't load plug-in qt
/sbin/yast2: line 448: 4421 Aborted (core dumped)
$ybindir/y2start $module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS
why is yast2-ycp-ui-bindings-3.2.0-1.4 breaking yast so badly?
does anybody else have this problem?

I've seen the same problem after a zypper up (so there's a reason why
it's not recommended ;-)

A zypper dup currently causes file conflicts for lua, so I cherry-picked

zypper in libyui-qt8 libyui-qt-graph8 libyui-qt-pkg8 python2-backports
python2-backports.ssl_match_hostname python2-libvirt-python

and YaST works again :-) (the python packages are probably unrelated,
but came with my "everything except lua" selection ;-)

rpm -q of those packages gives the following versions:

libyui-qt8-2.47.2-1.1.x86_64
libyui-qt-graph8-2.44.6-1.1.x86_64
libyui-qt-pkg8-2.45.14-1.1.x86_64
python2-backports-4.0.0-2.1.noarch
python2-backports.ssl_match_hostname-3.5.0.1-3.1.noarch
python2-libvirt-python-3.6.0-1.1.x86_64

Oh, and
yast2-ycp-ui-bindings-3.2.0-1.4.x86_64

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wenn man eine Zeitlang die internals mitgelesen hat, wird einem klar,
dass der PHP Code wie ein gro├čer Puff ist, wo jeder mal sein Ding